About – US Kiteboarder Association (USKA)
Now approaching 2 million kiteboarders worldwide, the sport of kiteboarding/ kitesurfing/snowkiting is fast becoming a mainstream action sport like wakeboarding and snowboarding. It is poised to grow even faster as more and more people cross over from other action sports and as kiteboarding becomes an ever more popular vacation activity for travelers.
Kiteboarding in the US and Canada has grown to the point where a national organization of riders provides the best means to pursue common interests, create valuable new rider services, and influence the future direction of the sport in North America.
Here are some things that are important to most Kiteboarders:
- Sharing the sport with their friends
- Maintaining and gaining access to kiteboarding locations
- Keeping equipment costs affordable
- Vacation kiting
- Equipment travel issues
- Kiting in a safe and respectful way
- Helping other kiters
- Enjoying the kiting lifestyle
The US Kiteboarder Association partners with brands, retailers, and others to create a national kiteboarding buying club which is now making kiting more affordable for its members.
USKA’s Mission is to Help its Members:
Share the Stoke Spend Less & Ride More Ride Responsibly
Take a few moments to learn how USKA achieves its mission:
Share the Stoke
USKA helps grow the sport by:
1. Partnering with fitness centers to promote the sport to fitness club members and to provide the action sport enthusiasts with board sports-specific exercise programs.
2. Promoting the sport of kiteboarding by working with kiteboarding schools who offer discounts on kiteboarding lessons. One school is even providing free kiteboarding lessons during the Fall of 2014.
3. Partnering with the Collegiate Kiteboarding Association to form new kite clubs at universities throughout the US.
4. Starting a grassroots social media campaign with USKA members to invite participants of other action sports to try kiteboarding.
Spend Less & Ride More
USKA helps keep kiteboarding costs down by creating the most popular kiteboarding discount card available.
The USKA membership card is your kiteboarding discount card. Look at the right and left sidebars to see some of the discounts available to USKA members.
USKA’s creates partnerships with brands, retailers, kite schools, hotels, vacation resorts, and others who offer discounts to USKA members. Learn more about USKA’s Buying Club here. Or, if you’re already a USKA member click the button below to enter the Buying Club and start saving now.
USKA strongly encourages everyone new to kiteboarding to take lessons from a certified IKO or PASA instructor.
USKA provides a free-to-the-public national local kiter directory (includes Canada) so people can easily find other kiters in their area. (No USKA membership needed)
USKA encourages all riders to get an IKO card which certifies that you are a competent rider. USKA is partnering with kite instructors to formalize a simple and inexpensive way for anyone to get an IKO card.
USKA will provide a national listing of kite schools and instructors who are willing to provide IKO cards at specified price.
USKA creates state or regional chapters of USKA and partners with other kiteboarding associations and organizations to address other rider interests.